Momentum Energy Pty Ltd gained its Victorian retail licence in 2004 and its management team enjoys many years’ experience in retail electricity in Australia and overseas.
Momentum Energy Pty Limited (ABN 42 100 569 159) understands the importance you place on privacy. Momentum Energy respects and commits to protect the privacy of our customers, shareholders and everyone we deal with in our business.
Momentum Energy must comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which regulates, among other things, the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosure of personal information. Our Privacy commitment extends to businesses and business information as well as individuals and their personal information.
Collection of Information
Personal or business information at Momentum may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, e-mail accounts, financial circumstances, credit worthiness, credit history, concession or discount entitlement and the conduct of your account.
We collect this information about you or your business for the purpose of supplying you with energy.
We have secure systems to keep this information and all information collected will help assist us to identify you.
Without comprehensive contact details, we may not be able to provide the level of service our customer will expect and service your energy needs in a way that is easiest and most convenient for you.
How we Collect Information
The information Momentum Energy collects can be obtained:
Straight from you. Your family or a household member or in the case of business, an appropriately authorized person may provide us with this information (by telephone, application form or internet application).
Sometimes from a builder, real estate agent or other person who may refer information to us.
How we Use your Information
Your right to privacy is respected. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal or business information.
Momentum Energy Pty Ltd may, if necessary, disclose your personal or business information for reasons of law enforcement, energy market requirements, regulatory, safety and public wellbeing.
The personal or business information Momentum Energy collects may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, these include:
- Providing you with energy related services and promotions for associated offers which may be of value to you;
- Gaining a better understanding of your electricity needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- processing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- billing you or administering your account;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- contacting you about our group companies' products and services;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our and our group companies' loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement of us, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
- How do we make sure the information we hold about you is current
- Momentum takes all reasonable steps to hold only accurate, complete and current personal or business information. However the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information that you provide. You can tell us if you think that it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Access and Correction
Upon your request and in accordance with National Privacy Principles, Momentum Energy will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal or business information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
Upon your request, Momentum Energy will provide access to your personal or business information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests. If we are advised that the information we hold is incorrect, Momentum Energy will correct that information. If we have no further need for your personal or business information, Momentum Energy will destroy or de-identify it.
If you would like to access this information that Momentum Energy holds about you, you can telephone Momentum Energy Pty Limited on 1300 662 778.
Contact the Privacy Officer
PO BOX 353
Flinders Lane VIC 8009
Variations to this Privacy Statement
Momentum Energy Pty Limited may from time to time update this Privacy Statement. The current version is accessible through Momentum Energy Pty Limited’s web site or can be obtained by contacting us.