We’re switching everything off this Earth Hour. If you’re doing the same, here's 15 good (and bad) ideas we had on how to spend it.
- Tell stories and jokes. Learn a few new ones ahead of time.
- Choose a movie you haven't seen and make up the plot based on the title and cover.
- Give your partner, kids or pets a smooch.
- Pat your pet and pretend they're a spooky monster.
"Gunther the poodle is no more. This here is a creature not of this earth."
- Decorate a cake as ornately as you can, by candlelight.
- Practise something you feel silly doing in daylight. Aim for this not to be cutting your hair, or tattoo-related.
- Have a candle-smelling night and write reviews.
"Sandlewood and musk, as a combination, hit the point where 'kindly gentleman' and 'forest nymph' meet. Hard to achieve and highly invigorating."
- Play candlelit charades on earth-related topics.
"The way he said 'carbon emissions' with his body was truly something"
- Try the whole evening without any light at all. No candles, no sparklers.
- On the other hand, who can make the best sparkler art?
- Make a TV out of a cardboard box and report on made up stories.
- Get out the tambourine and serenade your friends.
- Play Marco (darko?) Polo.
"Oh there you are. Want to play Marco Polo this Earth Hour?"
- Look for constellations (or make up your own).
"That one looks just like Nicolas Cage in Con Air"
- Get everyone to eat different foods blindfolded and guess what they are.
Apricots don't taste like apricots in the dark.