Momentum Energy is working with Junior Landcare to provide 200 $1,000 grants to help young people play an active role in ensuring the safe future of their environment.
Applications are closed at the moment.
- Any school (primary or secondary), kindergarten, childcare centre, and youth/community group (e.g. Scouts) in Victoria seeking to educate young Australians about gardening and the natural environment can apply.
- Groups with project reports still outstanding from previous Junior Landcare grants are ineligible for further funding until all reporting requirements are met.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to groups who have not already received a Junior Landcare grant in the past two years.
What activities does the Momentum Junior Landcare Grant support?
- Bush tucker and native gardens
- Vegetable gardens
- Sensory gardens
- Composting and green waste recycling activities
- Purchase of gardening infrastructure and equipment (pallets, garden beds, gloves, shovels, watering cans etc)
Successful groups will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Expected educational and environmental outcomes
- Level of hands-on student involvement in project
- Integration into the school curriculum or youth group program to maximise environmental learning. Applicants are encouraged to use the Junior Landcare Curriculum Resources for information and inspiration.
- Level of involvement of the broader school community or local community (e.g. links with a Landcare Group)
- Feasible and technically-sound project activities
- Realistic and detailed project budget
- Equity and need