Move In-surance is Momentum Energy’s promise to customers moving house that we will connect your electricity on the day you want it, provided you:
- are a residential move in customer;
- arrange your move with us directly (online or by phone);
- advise us of the date (not a weekend or public holiday) you want to move with at least one business dayThis excludes weekends and public holidays. Check the public holidays specific to the state your property is in.’s
notice (but no more than 90 days in advance). If you are wanting next business day electricity connection, you must notify us before 12 noon (your local time) on the business day prior;
- provide clear and safe access to the meter, and meet any other safety requirements which we require;
- have ensured the main switch is in the off position before connection; and
- are moving to an address which has been connected for the last 12 months.
If you qualify for Move In-surance and Momentum Energy fails to connect your electricity by 11:59:59pm on your selected day, you may call us on 1800 627 228 (Monday to Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm AEST) up to 3 weeks after your requested move-in
date to let us know and we will credit your first electricity bill with $100 (GST incl).
This $100 (GST incl) credit may not be applied against or transferred to any other account and is not redeemable for cash – for example, if you leave Momentum Energy before receiving your first bill, you will not be entitled to have
this credit paid out to you. Only one credit will be applied per customer per address per move (i.e. multiple failures for the one move at the same address will not result in multiple credits)
Exclusions to Move In-surance:
- gas accounts;
- non-residential customers;
- non move ins;
- same day connections;
- move ins on weekends or public holidays
- if the move is booked via a party who is not Momentum Energy (e.g. energy comparison websites);
- new estates or residences that have not had electricity connected for 12 months or more;
- if you do not turn the main switch to the on position after connection and you have been advised to do so by Momentum Energy or the relevant distributor;
- if you provide the wrong address or connection date information to us; and
- any circumstances beyond Momentum Energy’s control which prevent us connecting (e.g. Acts of God, natural disasters etc).
Momentum Energy reserves the right to vary or withdraw its Move In-surance promise any time by posting updated terms to its website, which changes shall take effect from the date they are published. Move In-surance is offered in addition to
any other warranty, right or remedy which is mandated by law.