If we've arranged for your energy supply to be disconnected, we'll reconnect you if, within 10 business
days of being disconnected you:
- resolve the issue that led to your disconnection, or make other arrangements to our satisfaction, and
- ask us to reconnect you, and
- agree to pay any reconnection charges.
It may be possible to be connected as soon as the day of your request, but keep in mind that might involve some
extra charges depending on where you live and what time you're making the request. One of our people can let
you know if this is the
case. Additionally, if the network or one of its representatives considers your site unsafe or non-compliant or cannot gain access to your meter, you
might incur extra fees and your reconnection timeframe may be affected by any adjustments that need to be made.
If you live in the ACT, Victoria, South East Queensland or SA, there are a couple of extra terms to be aware of, too:
We must send your request to the distributor within 24 hours of receiving it. Then, provided they receive the request
from us by 2pm on a business day, your reconnection should happen that day. If the distributor receives the request
from us after 2pm,
they will reconnect you on the next business day.
If you've been disconnected for:
- failing to pay a bill by the pay-by date
- failing to make a payment under a payment plan
- failing to pay an instalment due under an instalment arrangement, or
- failing to pay a security deposit,
- we'll reconnect you within the below timeframes.
If your electricity is disconnected and:
- You request reconnection before 4pm on a business day, we'll arrange reconnection for the same day if
you're in the Adelaide metropolitan area. If you're outside that area, we'll try our best to
get you reconnected on the same
day, but we'll make sure that you're reconnected by the end of the next business day at the latest.
- You request reconnection after 4pm and before 9pm on a business day and pay any applicable after-hours
reconnection fee, we'll arrange reconnection for the same day if you're in the Adelaide metropolitan
area, or if your outside that area
but it's reasonably possible for us to arrange for you to be reconnected. Otherwise, we'll arrange
for reconnection by the end of the next business day (and any after-hours reconnection fee won't apply).
- You request reconnection after 9pm on a business day, we'll make sure that you're reconnected by the
end of the next business day.
Unless you and we agree that later times will apply, if you make a request for reconnection:
- before 3pm on a business day, we'll arrange for reconnection on the day of your request
- after 3pm on a business day, we'll arrange for reconnection on the next business day or, if your request
is made before 9pm and you pay any applicable additional after hours reconnection charge, on the day of your
- if we can reconnect you remotely and safely, we'll pass on your request to your distributor within one
hour of you making it, and try our best to reconnect you within two hours.
South East Queensland
If your electricity is disconnected, and you're entitled to have it reconnected (and have taken all the necessary steps) we can reconnect it in the following timeframes, unless you and we agree that later times will apply.
If you request reconnection:
- by 12.00pm on a business day, your distributor will attempt to reconnect you on the same day
- after 12.00pm on a business day, your distributor will attempt to reconnect you by the next business day
- on a day that is not a business day, your distributor will attempt to reconnect you on the next business day
- If your premises is located in an area specified as a special ‘other location’ by your distributor, your distributor will attempt to reconnect you within 10 business days of the date you make the request to us, or on a date as agreed with you.